Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview The Carroll County Veterans Memorial Park (CCVMP) is a non-profit organization created in 1999 by a group of Carroll County citizens, under the leadership of its president Norris Garrett, to provide a memorial for all Carroll County veterans that served the United States military and were honorably discharged. The park remains under construction in 2013, adding a twenty-second wall of individual plaques that serve to honor various veterans and their sacrifice.
Dates: 1999 - 2019
Overview Records related to the activities of the Coweta Commission on Veterans Affairs from 2007 to 2013, including correspondence, research materials, printed material, and commemorative pins.
Found in: Newnan-Coweta Historical Society
Overview This collection contains Army forms, certificates, correspondence, funeral program, newspaper clippings, and photographic material, and resume chronicling the Vietnam War in which John W. Sorbet served.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1962 - 1978
- Subject: Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Veterans X
- University of West Georgia Special Collections 2
- Newnan-Coweta Historical Society 1
- Iraq War, 2003-2011 -- Veterans 2
- Persian Gulf War, 1991--Veterans 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans 2
- Carroll County (Ga.) 1
- Newnan (Ga.) 1
- Parks--Georgia--Carroll County 1
- United States--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--Veterans 1
- United States--History--War of 1812--Veterans 1
- Veterans--Monuments--Georgia--Carroll County 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 1
- War memorials--Georgia--Carroll County 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Veterans 1 ∧ less
- Carroll County Veterans Memorial Park (Carrollton, Ga.). 1
- Sorbet, John W. 1