Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
The Carrollton Historic Preservation Commission first met on May 22, 1987. The five original commissioners were Steve McCutcheon, John Burson, Cherie Stoddard, Susan Ingle, and Jimmy Tuggle. The Carrollton Historic Preservation Commission was a local city government project that adhered to federal guidelines concerning historic buildings and historic districts. It quickly became a local government entity that interacted with the citizenry concerning historic homes.
This collection contains original records from the City Court of Carrollton in Carroll County, Georgia, dating from 1885 to 1947. This collection consists of criminal dockets, execution dockets, minutes, and records of writs.
The Cobb's Legion Infantry, Company B, of the Confederate States of America, otherwise known as the "Bowdon Volunteers" was formed in 1861 by Charles A. McDaniel, the founder and first president of Bowdon College.
Grace Lutheran Church was formed in 1979, originally meeting in the Oak Mountain Academy gymnasium. The church moved to a storefront near Brown and Stewart streets in 1981. Groundbreaking for its own facility off of Bankhead Highway was held in 1983 and dedication services were held in 1984. Materials document the church's history, programs and services.
A collection of materials related to the life and career of Susan Hayward, an Academy Award-winning actress of the mid-twentieth century. Her career spanned several decades, from the 1940s to the 1970s.
Photographs, negatives, scrapbooks, and other materials of Benjamin Mandeville Long (1881-1973), the oldest child of two-time Carrollton mayor Henry and Lula Long. After serving in the U.S. Army, Long began a banking career in Cordova, Alabama in 1906. He returned to Carrollton in 1914 and worked in the Peoples Bank until 1917 when he opened Long Insurance Agency. Long remained in insurance from 1917 until the late 1960s when he retired.