Carrollton (Ga.) -- History
Found in 40 Collections and/or Records:
This collection contains photographs and photographic negatives of Carroll County, Georgia. Most depict Carrollton, Georgia at the turn of the twentieth century and include scenery such as Adamson Square and the Fourth District A & M School.
The Carrollton Historic Preservation Commission first met on May 22, 1987. The five original commissioners were Steve McCutcheon, John Burson, Cherie Stoddard, Susan Ingle, and Jimmy Tuggle. The Carrollton Historic Preservation Commission was a local city government project that adhered to federal guidelines concerning historic buildings and historic districts. It quickly became a local government entity that interacted with the citizenry concerning historic homes.
This collection consists of nine cartes de visite and cabinet cards, along with a remembrance card for S.M. Crider. Other people represented here are Benjamin H. Crider and Bertha Dewberry.
The local Carrollton chapter of the D.A.R., the McIntosh Reserve, was started on April 1, 1914 and disbanded in October of 1918.