Carrollton Business and Professional Women's Club records
Scope and Contents note
Scrapbooks, newsletters, press materials, reports, and miscellaneous materials (including photographs and publications) of organization.
- Carrollton Business and Professional Women's Club (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access note
Open to all users; no restrictions
Conditions Governing Use note
As stipulated by U.S. copyright laws
The Carrollton Business and Professional Women's Club was organized on February 23, 1926, with eight charter members (according to a Carroll Free Press article from August 15, 1929, found in the 1927-1945 scrapbook located in Oversize Box 1). The first president of the club was Mrs. Betty R. Cobb. At some point in the 1980s the club affiliated itself with the Georgia Federation of Business and Professional Women's Clubs, Inc., and changed its name to Business and Professional Women's Club/Carrollton. The exact date of dissolution is unknown, but there are no records available in this collection after 1990.
5.49 Linear feet (9 ov boxes: 1 ov flat box)
Materials arranged in 6 series: Scrapbooks, Newsletters, Press Releases, Reports, Miscellaneous, and Oversize.
Immediate Source of Acquisition note
Materials were transferred to the University of West Georgia's Special Collections by the Neva Lomason Memorial Library of the West Georgia Regional Library System in December 2017.
Processing Information note
Processed by Russ Lenox, 2018
- Guide to the Carrollton Business and Professional Women's Club Records LH-0102
- Finding aid prepared by Russ Lenox
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description